The guideline elaborates on 6 recommendations in the different phases.
1. early, functional mobilisation in ICU/CCU, treatment of pulmonary symptoms as needed, and education on coping with CHF.
2. aerobic endurance and/or (high intensity) interval training, directed by personal goals and individually directed by VO2 peak measurements.
3. submaximal strength training
4. inspiratory muscle training (IMT) to reduce dyspnoea and for patients with piMax< 70%.
5. relaxation therapy (6-8 session, 60-90 minutes) should be included in the physical training program.
6. continuation of a physically active lifestyle, preferably supervised.